Many of Solanki’s paintings depict every day moments in the lives of tribes people of Gujarat (India) with exceptional liveliness, energy and precision. In Solanki’s unique style, scenes are built around a white blank in the canvas which allows the light to flow in, and faces details are omitted to let the body language say it all. “Details are to be avoided if one is not to be distracted”, he says. Great importance is also given to the details of the traditional attire of his characters, in an attempt to preserve these rural scenes for future generations.
- Museum quality archival paper or high quality canvas
- Limited edition, exclusive to MONDA Gallery
- Small: 25 editions, 39.0 x 30.0 cm
- Medium: 150 editions, 65.0 x 50.0 cm
- Artist-signed and numbered certificate of authenticity
- Acrylic on Canvas
- 26 x 20 in
- Inquire to purchase original: contact@MondaGallery.com
Many of Solanki’s paintings depict every day moments in the lives of tribes people of...