Many of Solanki’s paintings depict every day moments in the lives of tribes people of Gujarat (India) with exceptional liveliness, energy and precision. In Solanki’s unique style, scenes are built around a white blank in the canvas which allows the light to flow in, and faces details are omitted to let the body language say it all. “Details are to be avoided if one is not to be distracted”, he says. Great importance is also given to the details of the traditional attire of his characters, in an attempt to preserve these rural scenes for future generations.
- Museum quality archival paper or high quality canvas
- Limited edition, exclusive to MONDA Gallery
- Small: 25 editions, 31.8 x 33.3 cm
- Medium: 150 editions, 57.1 x 60.0 cm
- Extra large: 15 editions, 100.0 x 105.0 cm
- Artist-signed and numbered certificate of authenticity
- Acrylic on Canvas
- 40 x 42 in
- Inquire to purchase original: contact@MondaGallery.com
Desert Princess was painted in 2014. The artist, Elizabeth Bruce, lives in Dubai and is...
Picture by ALEXIA MABRAGANIS. Creation: 2013 Limited editions: - Limited edition, exclusive to MONDA Gallery, printed...
Olivia Boa: For her May 2014 Dubai exhibition, Olivia Boa applied both her “pixels” and “blind”...
About the artwork: Artist, Hans Scholze: Enjoying Hans Scholze's creations is easy for everyone. His works made of...