B. Devaraj, a recipient of the Lalith Kala National Award in 2004 (India), explores avenues to capture the human condition of the common man. In this painting like in most of his work, the characters sits still, almost disconnected from the passage of time. She is represented in front of a largely monochromatic background which at the same time puts her in exergue and illustrates her typical environment.
Invariably, Devaraj paintings convey a strong sense of calm and silence which attracts the observers’ attention and lure them to absorb the essence of his characters’ condition.
- Museum quality archival paper or high quality canvas
- Limited edition, exclusive to MONDA Gallery
- Small: 25 editions, 36.8 x 29.4 cm
- Medium: 150 editions, 73.5 x 58.8 cm
- Extra large: 15 editions, 125 x 100 cm
- Artist-signed and numbered certificate of authenticity
- 60 x 48 in
- Acrylic on canvas
- Inquire to purchase original: contact@MondaGallery.com