A Call to Prayer was painted in 2014. The artist, ELIZABETH BRUCE, lives in Dubai and is fascinated by Arabian culture. This is just one piece in her collection of Desert Princesses.
"This piece was inspired by a visit to the Grande Mosque in Abu Dhabi. In the woman’s eyes I could feel an air of expectancy, and I have tried to represent a spiritual connection to the Mosque as well as the beauty in her expressive eyes."
The woman in the painting clearly appears engaged in her thoughts and is possibly excited as something important in her life is about to happen. Elizabeth has used a mixture of related calm colours. Her brush work is clear but subtle.
- Museum quality 320 gsm archival paper or high quality canvas
- Limited / numbered editions, exclusive to MONDA Gallery
- Mini: numbered open editions
- Small: 150 editions
- Medium: 75 editions
- Large: 30 editions
- Provided with artist signed certificate of authenticity
- Acrylics on canvas
- 20 x 30 cm
- Available for purchase. Please enquire at +971.55.269.0.289 or Contact@MondaGallery.com